First established in 1939, CCHS received an absolute charter in 1956. Ward School No. 2 was acquired in 1958 with renovations beginning immediately. Since reopening as a museum in 1962, Ward School No. 2 has been the home of the CCHS for more than five decades. The campus has expanded greatly since then, with the acquisition of the one-room Ross Schoolhouse (Preston), Loomis Barn (Tyner), and the Chenango Canal building, home to packet boat model the “Lillie.”
Partial Data by Foursquare.